AND THE LISTS JUST KEEP ON COMING
Here's NYCD Blog reader Kevbry's TOP 10 of 2006!
And here's Jay B.'s TOP 10, along with commentary.
10. Cuff the Duke – A gentleman from Vancouver told me to buy it and
then told me to eat Salmon Benedict! Win Win!
9. Belle and Sebastian – The Life Pursuit. They pissed me off in
college, but this album ain’t their typical twee college try.
8. Yo La Tengo – I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass. A
fine, fine album from the band who rescued Hanukkah and VU style jams
for all the world to hear.
7. Benevento-Russo Duo. – Play Pause Stop. Superb soundscapes from two
6. Donald Fagen – Morph the Cat. Terrific. Just as Lou Reed’s New
York painted the vivid images of late 80s city in crisis, Donald
Fagen’s third part in a trilogy is beautiful and haunting. Too bad,
the last Steely Dan album sucked!
5. The Essex Green – Cannibal Sea. You guys recommended this album and
I’ve never looked back.
4. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood. The Country and Pop
chanteuse brings the goods.
3. Eccentric Soul – The Big Mack Label. Some of the best Soul you’ve
2. Wilco – Kicking Television. I made a New Years resolution to stop
listening to live tracks, unless I was at the show. But this is one
hell of a live band and one hell of a live album.
1. Elvis Costello/Allen Toussaint – The River in Reverse. So good, so
good. And their show in Oakland was the best show I saw all year
Don't forget, all these CDs can be ordered from us, so email or call us at (212) 244-3460! What better way to show your loved ones that you care this holiday season than to buy them some kickass music?