NYCD: The Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006


OVERHEARD AT A RECENT MEADOWLANDS CONCERT

How ya doin', East Rutherford! It's really great to be back here at the Continental Airlines Arena -- I've played everywhere from tiny clubs to baseball stadiums, but I'll tell ya, there's nothing like the feeling you get playing in a hockey arena.

Every time I come back here I feel like I'm coming home. You can talk about Nassau Coliseum, you can talk about the Wachovia Center, you can even talk about Madison Square Garden, but this place has
soul.

I mean, just to stand here, where so many hockey legends have skated... it gives me goosebumps, you know? Growing up in England, it was hard to follow North American hockey, but I loved it. I used to have a huge poster of Bryan Trottier on my wall....

To look up at the rafters and see the New Jersey Devils banners makes me think back to all the great players who've worn the uniform. Mel Bridgman, Jan Ludvig, Chico Resch... they were like gods to me.

OK, this next tune's for all you Kirk Muller fans out there! If you love high-sticking, lemme hear you say 'yeah'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home